January 10, 2020
- Employees who work for tips. If you received $20 or more in tips during December, report them to your employer. You can use Form 4070.
January 15, 2020
- Employers ‐ For Social Security, Medicare, withheld income tax, and nonpayroll withholding, deposit the tax for payments in December if the monthly rule applies.
- Individuals- Final installment payment of prior year estimated tax by individuals, unless income tax return is filed and tax paid in full by 1/31/2020. Use form 1040-ES for payment of estimated tax.
- Estates and Trust - Final installment payment of prior year estimated tax by Fiduciaries, unless fiduciary income tax return is filed and tax paid in full by 1/31/2020. Use form 1041-ES for payment of estimated tax.
January 31, 2020
- Form 1098- A person (including a financial institution, a governmental unit, and a cooperative housing corporation) who is engaged in a trade or business received at least $600 of mortgage interest (including certain points) on any one mortgage in the calendar year must furnish this statement by 1/31/2020 to the recipient.
- Form 1099 Misc. (when Nonemployee compensation are reported on box 7) - File Form 1099-MISC on or before 1/31/2020. For all other reported payments, file form 1099-Misc by 2/28/2020, if you file on paper, or 3/31/2020, if you file electronically.
- Form 1098 E- Lenders provide form 1098-E to borrower if $600 or more of student loan interest was received.
- Form 1098 T- Certain educational institutions provide form 1098 -T if tuition was received or reimbursed.
- Payroll- Form 941- Employers quarterly tax return for 2019 4th quarter; or can be filed by 2/10/2020 if taxes were deposited in full and on time for the quarter.
- Payroll - Form 940- Federal unemployment tax (FUTA) for 2019; Or can be filed by 2/10/2020 if taxes were deposited in full and on time.
- Form 5498- This form to be filed by the trustee or issuer of your individual retirement arrangement (IRA) to report required minimum distributions (RMDs), and the fair market value (FMV) of the account.
- Form W2- Wage and tax statement due. If not timely filed, use application for extension of time( Form 8809) to file information returns like forms W2, Form W2 G etc. can be filed.
- W2 G - gambling Winnings- Form due to be provided to the recipient. However, the filing due date is 2/28/2020 if to IRS and 3/31/2020 if filed electronically.